Terms & Conditions
1) Artists may submit up to two digital images, however only one painting per applicant may be accepted for exhibition.
2) Sales: a 40% commission is deducted from the sale price. Prices cannot be changed and must be in Canadian dollars. Artists have the option of having a work "not for sale". In this case, In this case, enter 0 in the sale price field.
3) All paintings must be original, created by the artist who is submitting, and not previously shown in an Open Water Exhibition.
4) Paintings must not have been created under art instruction, in a workshop, class or mentorship program.
5) Paintings must have been completed within the past three years.
6) Paintings must not be derivative or based on the work of others or in any way an infringement of copyright. Using stock imagery or photos taken by professional photographers is not permissible, even with permission or paid licensing.
7) Open Water 2021 is strictly open to submissions painted in watercolour, as defined in this call for entry.
8) The Jury and/or the Exhibition Chair, reserve the right not to post/exhibit any painting which does not conform to all the rules of the competition.
9) If an accepted artist withdraws their work after the adjudication, they will not be eligible to enter Open Water exhibitions for three years.
10) Entries that are accepted for exhibition will remain on display until the end date of the online exhibition on January 15, 2022. The CSPWC reserves the right to remove any posted online painting at any time for any reason.
11) By submission of entry, the artist grants the CSPWC the right to use the image of the accepted work for publicity, educational, reference and archive purposes.
12) Sponsored Awards are subject to change. The CSPWC/SCPA does not assume responsibility if a sponsor withdraws or changes an award.
13) By submission of entry, the artist agrees to all the terms and conditions of entry as per this form.
14) Disclaimer: We are not responsible for unintentional ommissions, misspellings or grammatical errors.
15) If you are a non-member who has registered as a member thus paying the member's only fee, you will be disqualified without a refund.
This call has agreed to ArtCall.org Terms & Conditions